date of birth: 5.12.1961 ★
place of birth: Bühl
profession: certified skiing - and mountain guide
general history profile
1981 German university entrance qualification
1981/82 one year travel through the ACP countries South America
8 semesters of medidal studies at the University of Heidelberg
1985 – June 4th, 1987 training to become State certified professional ski- and mountain guide
professional mountain -guide until 1989 at the DAV Summit Club, with worldwide activities, mainly expeditions or similar, Training Courses
Freelance since 1989, head of “Amical Alpin” an expedition- and trekking organization
1992 -1999 Member of the German Federal Instruction Team for mountain- and ski guides
November 1996 state visit in Nepal as guest of honour of the German President Herzog.
September 1999 “Eiger Live”, live transmission of climbing the Eiger North-Face
Reception by the Prime Minister of Baden-Württemberg, Mr Erwin Teufel
December 2000 successful expedition to Queen Maud Land / Antarctia.
on May 20th, 2009 Ralf was the first German mountaineer having conquered all 14 / 8000 m summits.
achievements fourteen 8.000m peaks.
achievements at the 8000 m peaks:
• Oct. ’92 summit of Mount Everest (8848 m)
• July ’94 summit of the K2 (8611 m) with 4 guided participants
• Aug. – Oct. ’96 Mt. Everest Trilogy
• June 2001 summit of Nanga Parbat (8125 m) with 9 guided participants and 2 Sherpas
• May – June 2004 ascent of two 8000m peaks in succession: the Annapurna and Gasherbrum
• May 2005 first traversing of the Shisha Pangma (8013 m)
• May 2006 ascent of the world’s third-highest mountain – the Kangchendzönga 8595 m – without using artificial oxygen
• 2007 successful ascent of the Manaslu (8163 m) and of the Broad Peak (8051 m) without using artificial oxygen
• 2008 successful ascent of the Makalu (8485 m)
• after the failed try in 2008, Ralf finally conquered successfully, together with his wife Gerlinde Kaltenbrunner, the Lhotse (8516 m): On 20th May 2009 Ralf became the first German mountaineer having ascended all 14 8.000 m peaks.
· Mount Everest - Lhotse - Makalu - Cho Oyu - Dhaulagiri - Annapurna - Broad Peak -Gasherbrum - Shishapangma - K2 - Kangchendzönga - Nanga Parbat - Hidden Peak - Manaslu